Saturday, August 19, 2017

Former Trump neighbor in Gitmo


Having lived in Queens,
a mere 3 minute walk from where the Tangerine Shitgibbon lived, Guantanamo Forever prisoner Saifullah Paracha (Forever prisoner? How is that possible?) has plans, following his 70th birthday, to write to Tangerine and ask for his release, as a neighborly gesture.
The war-on-terror prison’s oldest captive, a former Pakistani businessmen, turned 70 Thursday. Like President Trump, he once lived in Queens.

Forever prisoner Saifullah Paracha was captured in Thailand in July 2003. After being taken to a U.S. detention site in Afghanistan, he was brought to this island prison in September 2004.

“I never thought I’d be here at the age of 70,” he said in remarks released Thursday by his legal defense team from the London-based nonprofit Reprieve. “I always expected that by the time I was 70, I would be home with my wife and family.”

He also observed that long before his capture he lived in New York, “in Queens, Jamaica Estates — Donald Trump’s old neighborhood. Our houses were on the same road. I am going to write to him to ask him to release me.”

Paracha has never been charged with a crime. But the inter-agency U.S. Periodic Review Board has repeatedly upheld his status as an indefinite Law of War detainee, citing his “continued refusal to take responsibility for his involvement with al-Qaida,” including having had contacts with Osama bin Laden and the alleged mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, Khalid Sheik Mohammed.

In March he told the parole board: “I deeply regret becoming involved with individuals who turned out to be al-Qaida. It horrifies me to think that I may have helped to enable indirectly, unwittingly to carry out their terrorist attacks on the U.S This will haunt me for the rest of my life.”
As Paracha is also suffering the ailments that come with age, it would be right neighborly for Trump to release him. Then they could get together over taco bowls at Trump Tower and talk about old times in the 'hood.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]