Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday is the best


"Never On A Sunday" was the Oscar winning song of 1960. In this version, French star Dalida sings in English, except for the middle verse. That verse was about our happy hooker dreaming of having children who follow in her footsteps. It was never sung in this country.



The video is in no way in synch with the song. It was just a cobbed up bunch of clips and stills.

Oh you can kiss me on a Monday, a Monday, a Monday
Is very, very good
Or you can kiss me on a Tuesday, a Tuesday, a Tuesday
In fact I wish you would
Or you can kiss me on a Wednesday, a Thursday, a Friday
A Saturday is best
But never, never on a Sunday, a Sunday, a Sunday
Cause that's my day of rest

Come any day and you will be my guest
Oh, any day you say, but my day of rest
Just name the day that you like the best
Only stay away from my day of rest

Je rêve aussi d'avoir un jour
Un enfant, deux enfants, trois enfants jouant comme eux
Le long du quai flânent toujours
Un marin, deux marins, trois marins aventureux
De notre amour on se fera
Un amour, dix amours, mille amours noyés de bleu
Et nos enfants feront des gars
Que les filles un beau jour à leur tour, rendront heureux

Mon Dieu que j'aime ce port du bout du monde
Que le soleil inonde de ses reflets dorés
Mon Dieu que j'aime, sous leurs bonnets oranges
Tous les visages d'anges des enfants du Pirée.

Oh, you can kiss me on a cool day, a hot day, a wet day
Whichever one you choose
Or try to kiss me on a fey day, a Mayday, a payday
And see if I refuse
Or you can make it on a bleak day, a freak day, a week day
Whichever is the best
But never, never on a Sunday, a Sunday
The one day I need a little rest

Come any day and you will be my guest
Oh, any day you say but my day of rest
Just name the day that you like the best
Only stay away from my day of rest

La la la la la...
La la la la la la...

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]