Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sometimes Republicans have a good idea


True, it may only happen once in a blue moon, but they do happen. Like this idea for fixing the South Sudan troubles.
The former president has largely escaped the public eye since leaving office in 2008, but on Wednesday, Republicans in the House of Representatives encouraged the Obama administration to reach out to him to help end a bloody conflict in a country he helped create.

“President Bush is very well thought of in Africa and the president absolutely loves Africa,” said Rep. Frank Wolf, R-Va. “If I have a serious problem, I want to bring in the best doctor I can, I don’t care if he has a different political ideology than me.”

South Sudan’s ambassador in Washington welcomed the idea. “When you have a deadlock, you need someone to break the ice and bring the people together,” Akec Khoc Aciew said. “I don’t know his stance, but as somebody who personally loves South Sudan I think he would answer the call.”
Shipping the former POTUS over there and not letting him back in the country until things are settled would be a wonderful gesture on the part of the Obama administration; and a suitable punishment for W.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]