Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It takes a hard person to run a school

But there is no call to be a shitheel, too. And yet, that is what the people shitheels in charge of one school in the Tarheel State chose to be.
Donna Sotomayor took leave from River Bend Elementary School in Raleigh to receive six chemotherapy treatments and 33 radiation treatments after being diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in January 2010.

Even after returning to work in October of 2010 Sotomayor continued to miss work due to infection and other problems.

Then in November of last year, doctors informed her that the cancer had spread to her spine.

“I have a family,” Sotomayor told WRAL. “I have a lot to live for. And when my doctor tells me, ‘You have to go out and go through treatment immediately,’ then yeah, I’m going to do that.”

Although she had years of glowing work evaluations, Principal Lois Hart recommended that she be fired. She had been employed by River Bend Elementary School since 2004.

“She was always friendly and supportive, and I don’t know what changed,” Sotomayor recalled. “They said they need someone there who was reliable. Apparently, I wasn’t reliable. I was sick.”

Human resources informed her that she lacked about 50 hours of work to qualify for Family Medical Leave, giving her the option to resign or be fired.
Apparently with some people shitheels in North Carolina, that isn't tar on their heels.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]