Saturday, October 23, 2010

A contest tailored to my talents

In Spain they inaugurated a contest to honor an ancient and most healthful tradition that Spain has long been famous for.
A 62-year-old Ecuadorean man managed to ignore the uproar of a teeming Madrid shopping center and snore long enough to win what was billed as Spain's first siesta championship.

Organizers on Saturday proclaimed unemployed security worker Pedro Soria Lopez the champion for sleeping 17 minutes.

They said he not only slept soundly but his snoring on Tuesday also registered 70 decibels - roughly the equivalent of the noise of someone talking loudly. That earned him extra points and enough to defeat the runner-up who had slept for 18 minutes.

"Oh I am so happy to be the first champion," said a laughing Quito-born Soria Lopez, who sported a handsome paunch and a drop-bar black mustache. He said he was a regular siesta taker, and it looked as if was telling the truth.

"My wife made me do this, but then they couldn't wake me up. Naturally, the lunch I had before with the 7 euros ($10) they had given me helped," he said before collecting the ‚1,000 ($1,400) winning check.
I have been in training for this for sometime now and feel certain I could clean up. As a bonus, the men in my family are known far and wide for door shaking snoring. Might as well just give me the prize now.

Comments:
I'm told I snore but of course they lie.
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]