Tuesday, July 28, 2009

If only we had listened to The Onionback then

May 2, 2001 The Onion had a confession from the Senator from Montana. If only we had paid attention back then.
I've been "serving" the great state of Montana in the U.S. Senate since 1978. You'll notice I put "serving" in quotes, because, let's face it, I suck. My wife has been pleading with me not to say this publicly, insisting that it's not true, that I'm a capable and dedicated public servant, blah, blah, blah. Bless her dear heart, but she's just being nice. Because, folks, I am telling you, I am hands-down the shittiest senator in the history of the Senate. The worst.
Who has ever heard a senator or member of Congress be so searingly honest. Or have they ever given such valuable, yet ignored advice like this.
So, people from the great state of Montana, forget you ever even heard the name Max Baucus. Max Baucus... more like Trash... Ruckus.
Despite promising to retire, he did not do so and we are all paying the price today.

h/t to Suburban Guerrilla for the link

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]