Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pro rated bonuses

You all know what pro-rating is about. It where your 50,000 mile tires wear out after 30,000 miles and after fighting your dealer tooth and nail because he thinks you abused your tires by driving on them, he credits you, if you are lucky, 2/5ths the cost less depreciation, tax and any fees he can get away with rather than honor the warranty. The US Army is now presenting itself as the injured consumer regarding signing bonuses used to maintain enlistments. Their position is that a soldier signs on for the full term and if he gets damaged and loses enough parts of himself that he can not finish the term of his enlistment, well he better be ready to repay that part of the bonus he didn't yet earn.
Fox was seriously injured when a roadside bomb blew up his vehicle. He was knocked unconscious. His back was injured and lost all vision in his right eye.

A few months later Fox was sent home. His injuries prohibited him from fulfilling three months of his commitment. A few days ago, he received a letter from the military demanding nearly $3,000 of his signing bonus back.

"I tried to do my best and serve my country. I was unfortunately hurt in the process. Now they're telling me they want their money back," he explained....

"I'd do it all over again... because I'm proud of the discipline that I learned. I'm proud to have done something for my country," he said.

But Fox feels like he's already given enough. He'll never be able to pursue his dream of being a police officer because of his wounds and he can't believe he's being asked to return part of his $10,000 signing bonus.
Next time you hear about someone spitting on returning veterans, remember it was the Republicans who did it. Chickenshit bastards would probably have given his mother a bill at his funeral if he had died.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]