Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Republicans will do anything to stop Obama

And if you don't believe me, read these two quotes from CNN today.
In an interview on MSNBC Tuesday afternoon, Mrs. Cheney said that in the course of researching her husband's genealogy for her new book, "Blue Skies, No Fences," she discovered that the two public figures share an ancestor eight generations ago...

...But Obama's family ties to the Bush administration don't stop with Cheney. According to an article in the Chicago Sun-Times last September, Obama is also an 11th cousin of the president himself. The two share a 17th century Massachusetts relative.
Poor Barack, if I knew that about my family, I would be on a suicide watch

Comments:
What utter nonsense. If you go far enough back in research you'd be amazed at how many famous people branch out away from your line many, many years ago. My line on my mother's side has been researched back to a direct link to English King Henry II, but if you look on the Internet you'll find thousands of links with the same identical line, up until xx generations ago. And this makes me...what? Nothing but what I've always been.

I am related historically to several U.S. presidents, and if your ancestors came from England, France, Ireland or Wales, chances are good that you share an ancestral link with the same people. Fortunately, this does not include a link to George Bush.

It is also very likely that most Americans share their DNA with African Americans. It was not unusual for Southern plantation owners to sire multiple children by female slaves.

I agree about Obama. Good Lord, is he going to have to carry the stain of being linked genetically to Junior for the rest of his life?
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]