Saturday, April 07, 2007

Maybe I was wrong

When I made fun of Indiana congressmoop Mike Pence for comparing his stroll in the Baghdad market with an Indiana outdoor market. The LA Times has a first person report of a shopping trip to an Indiana outdoor market.
MY WIFE came into the living room wearing a Kevlar vest, helmet and night-vision goggles.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Have you completely forgotten, silly head? We're going to the market."

I placed my hand at my head. I'd been so caught up in stitching a minor wound I'd received earlier in the day after going to an outdoor fruit stand that I had completely forgotten.

"I'm a dope, aren't I?" I said, chuckling, slowly shaking my head back and forth. She chuckled too, also shaking her head. We both chuckled. Then I winced from where a stitch popped.

Carol helped the boys get ready, putting on their sneakers and body armor. I phoned the Indiana National Guard so that they could radio the 434th Special Air Wing at Grissom Air Force Base, which in turn scrambled two F-14 Tomcats. Then we hopped in the wagon.
And that is just the beginning. The dangers only increase as they get closer to the vegetables. Makes my shopping trips look like a stroll in a Baghdad market with Sen. McCain.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]