Saturday, September 16, 2006

Tom Noe says Bush-Cheney made him do it

At his federal sentencing for campaign money laundering, the Toledo Blade reports that the Bush-Cheney folks made him do it. In his own words, he says:
I have pled guilty because I violated the federal campaign laws. In 2003, I was pressured by Bush-Cheney campaign officials to become a Pioneer for George Bush. In order to do that I needed to collect over $100,000 in campaign contributions. I knew the first step was to sell tickets to the Bush-Cheney fund-raiser in Columbus, Ohio, in October of 2003. I also knew that I had friends who would like to attend, and I wanted to help them attend. I knew what the campaign finance restrictions were. I also knew that I had given the maximum amount that I could give personally, so I recruited others to make contributions to the campaign for which I provided the funds. It totaled approximately $45,000. I knew it was wrong to do so.
It's a good thing those Republicans got values.

After two years, the RNC has finally said they will divest the illegal $45,000 from Noe, giving it to charity. This despite calls to return it to the Bureau of Workers Compensation from which Mr Noe stands accused of embezzeling $2,000,000.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]