Saturday, December 19, 2015

Jeb! Bush, you remember him?


It seems the aforementioned Bush lad is still lukewarm on the trail of the presidency. And he is pushing on with that peculiar Bush Family style that requires that no one else say anything interesting. In a race with Donald Trump, Ben Carson and Chris Christie among others released from all restraint about what they say, this leaves the poor Bush lad at a disadvantage.
Jeb Bush was halfway through an early morning town-hall-style event here Saturday when he paused, announcing he had something he wanted to get off his chest.

“Donald Trump is a jerk,” Mr. Bush said, seemingly unprompted, to applause.

“You cannot insult your way to the presidency,” he said. “You can’t disparage women, Hispanics, disabled people. Who is he kidding? This country is far better than that. The idea that he’s actually running for president and insulting people is deeply discouraging, to be honest with you, and I think we should reject that out of hand. I hope you’ll reject it by voting for me, but a guy like that should not be the front-running candidate of our great party.”

Finally finished, Mr. Bush exhaled with a laugh: “I gave myself therapy there,” he joked.
Wow! Can't you just feel the emojis surrounding what he says? Neither can I.
On Saturday morning, Mr. Bush made an explicit plea to the voters here, asking them for their vote, and for their active involvement in his campaign.

“I’m going to be up here a lot,” Mr. Bush said. “If I don’t get it today, I’m coming back next week. I’ll ask for it again. And I’m coming back the week after that and the week after that. I love campaigning here and I’m going to ask for your support until I get it.”

Mr. Bush added, almost as if trying to convince himself, “I think you’re looking at the Republican nominee.”
Perhaps, but nominee for what?


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]