Thursday, June 25, 2009

Don't piss off Carmela Soprano

She wants the public option, you better give her the public option, you capice, Congress?
"I'm here because I've traveled through the health care system and there are some holes," Falco, a breast cancer survivor, told a Capitol Hill rally for health care overhaul. "I'm here because I care about the people in this country and I know that we can do better, that we must do better."

Falco, who stars in the Showtime series "Nurse Jackie, said she went without health care coverage for many years. Nearly 50 million Americans are without coverage and President Barack Obama's goal is to provide health benefits for all.

"I work in a business where they take great care of you if you are working," Falco told a crowd of several hundred at the rally.

"It's bad enough the emotional impact of not having a job," she said. "But to get sick on top of that, and worry every day that your symptoms are not getting better, figuring out what you're gonna have to do without so you can afford a doctor's visit _ I am far more familiar with that than I am with my situation these last number of years."
One of the better known of the 72% speaks out.


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]